Product Design Engineer, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Product Design Engineer who has experience working on mechanical engineering teams for consumer electronics and mobile products. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- End-to-end ownership of product architecture from concept to launch.
- Establish product design process, best practices and tools for the organization.
- Drive road map for materials, manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate closely with the industrial design and the supply chain NPI teams.
- Leverage ODM/CMs to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our product.
- Experience in companies across industries.
- Experience in architecting and designing consumer electronics and mobile products.
- Knowledge of state of the art mechanical design and simulation tools, prototyping tools, manufacturing technologies and materials.
- Experience with audio and video products.
- Experience working with ODM and CM, as well as JDM development, leading their technical teams.
- Experience providing technical contributions to innovation-driven entrepreneurial product design teams.
- Experience working with UX and ID teams.
Back to top