Product Design Director, Growth
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Director of Product Design to lead our Central Products: Growth and CPP Design Teams. Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring people closer together. Central Products: Growth and CPP teams fuel this mission by helping people come online for the first time, building lite interfaces to expand access to our products, and helping people connect to the people and communities that matter to them through Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. Your role will be to shape how people connect to the internet, get onboarded to our apps and services to unlock the value of the Internet, and make connections to friends and followers to make online experiences more meaningful. This work includes building deep understanding and empathy for the needs of people in emerging markets, including understanding challenges in connectivity, bandwidth and device quality--and designing solutions that foster equity through global access to the Internet. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamentals in systems, interaction and visual design, experience elevating design quality and efficacy in a data-informed product culture, and a passion for equalizing global access to our product experiences. The role supports a large team of designers in multiple offices and countries working across multiple products simultaneously. Products in this space include lite interfaces for Facebook and Instagram, connectivity, and the growth of each app's community, as well as tools to help support and accelerate the work of product teams across the company. This is a full-time position.About Central Products Central Products teams design solutions for our entire family of Apps. Central Products: Growth & CPP Design is a horizontal organization that partners with our family of apps on a wide range of product experiences that welcome people into our apps and set them up for successful experiences that meaningfully improve their lives.
- Build and manage a talented, diverse, equitable and inclusive team of product designers.
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution.
- Shape the product roadmap, both short term and long-term.
- Partner closely with a world-class (and global) team of product managers, engineers, content strategists, user experience researchers, data scientists, and product growth analysts to deliver high quality experiences for people across markets, platforms and product surfaces.
- Oversee multiple projects and scale design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, your org is effective, excellent and inclusive, and team members are set up for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Design and scale the organization and equip the team for success in their goals.
- Foster a strong, collaborative design practice.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design.
- 6+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing senior managers and individual contributors.
- 8+ years of experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, design, content and user research teams.
- Senior people management, team development, recruiting and org building experience.
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design teams.
- Visual and interaction experience in software design.
- Organizational and analytical experience.
- Experience executing with hands-on design.
Back to top