Product Counsel, Legal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Product Counsel on Facebook Ireland's Regulatory and Data Protection team, based in our European headquarters in Dublin. The role will focus on providing strategic and tactical legal counselling to internal product, operations, and business teams in order to identify and mitigate legal risk in all phases of product development. The ideal candidate will have experience advising on regulatory compliance in respect of cutting edge products, and will be eager to roll up their sleeves and find creative solutions to support the company's innovation. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a growing legal team and to work on cutting-edge issues in fast-paced, fun environment.
- Analyse products, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide policy, product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including international content liability regimes, consumer protection laws, and data protection laws and regulations
- Coordinate with public policy and communications colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- Provide full service support to legal team on European regulatory and litigation matters
- Solicitor or barrister (qualified to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction)
- Excellent credentials from top law school
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm or prior in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience will be considered)
- Experience working with mobile, application development, social networking, machine learning, or other Internet technologies
- In-depth knowledge of legal issues in the area of the operation of online social media platforms including an excellent understanding of data protection law
- Sharp focus on multi-tasking, details, and organisational skills
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Ability to independently, quickly and accurately assess legal, practical and business risks in a fast-paced environment and make sound judgments under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for and understanding of technology
- Experience advising clients on risk assessment and mitigation across technology product platforms
- Prior experience working with internet or technology companies a plus
- Experience working within a global legal team
- Knowledge of, or fluency in, other European languages a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top