Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, energetic tech enthusiast to serve as Product Counsel. The position will focus on product review and requires application of a complex, evolving legal framework to new and innovative products and services. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, as we build and scale our global community.
- Review global products, features, platforms and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including consumer protection laws, data protection laws and regulations, and other global legal frameworks
- Coordinate with public policy, communications and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 3+ years of legal experience
- Experience working with mobile, application development, social networking, or other Internet companies
- Experience handling different projects at once
- In-house and privacy experience
- Technology litigation experience
- Product review experience
- International experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top