Product Counsel, Ads – Business Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Product Counsel on Facebook's product legal team. The position will focus on providing strategic and tactical legal counseling to the product and business teams that build tools for Facebook's business integrity efforts. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Review products, features and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions
- Counsel product, marketing, engineering, and other business teams on legal issues related to the provision of online advertising products to help ensure compliance with consumer protection laws, privacy laws and regulations, and other legal requirements
- Coordinate with legal, public policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
- Coordinate with content policy, operations, legal and product teams to implement and enforce content standards
- Support escalations on advertising content assessment and takedown requests
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 4+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm or in-house experience (including applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience)
- Experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously and building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms
- Content liability counseling experience related to CDA Sec. 230 or related international frameworks
- Experience with online advertising industry, including from the perspective of social media or other internet companies, ad agencies, advertisers or publishers, or political advertising
- Experience with international legal requirements, including those related to data privacy, and how to work effectively across multiple jurisdictions
Back to top