Facebook seeks a highly motivated, energetic technology enthusiast to serve as Product Counsel on Facebook's product counseling team. This role will work closely with product, engineering, policy, operations, and business teams, as well as other legal department subgroups, to tackle cutting-edge legal challenges on a global scale for Messenger and other messaging experiences. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
PRODUCT COUNSEL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review global products, features, platforms and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including consumer protection laws, data protection laws and regulations, and other global legal frameworks
- Coordinate with public policy, communications and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 3+ years of legal experience
- Experience working with mobile, application development, social networking, or other Internet companies
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally
- In-house and privacy experience
- Technology litigation experience
- Product review experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Associate General Counsel, AI Product
Menlo Park, CA + 3 More
- Lead Counsel, Privacy
Redmond, WA + 4 More
- Lead Counsel, Product
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Patent Counsel, AR/VR
Redmond, WA + 3 More
- Product Counsel - Artificial Intelligence
Menlo Park, CA + 3 More
- Workplace Investigator
Austin, TX + 5 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top