Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Counsel on Facebookâ€™s product counseling team. This position will work closely with product, engineering, policy, operations, and business teams, as well as other legal department subgroups. This role will tackle cutting-edge legal challenges on a global scale for Facebook, Instagram, and affiliated companies and platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and make an impact in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Review global products, features, platforms and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide product and engineering teams with legal guidance across many subject areas including intellectual property, platform/publisher liability, consumer protection laws, data protection laws and regulations, etc.
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 3+ years of legal experience
- Experience with copyright, and secondary liability issues and laws, in the US and abroad (e.g. DMCA, CDA, E-Commerce Directive, etc.)
- In-house and product counseling experience
- Experience advising on privacy and data use regulations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top