Product Cost Analyst, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe the role of a supply-chain product cost analyst is complex and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of understanding products, costs, the supply chain, and how the business works. This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- The Manufacturing Analyst will be responsible for planning, studying, and collecting data to determine manufactured product cost and related business activities (such as raw materials, inventory, labor, and overhead)
- Analyzing actual manufacturing cost and preparing periodic reports comparing standard cost, and/or market matched bill of materials item cost to actual production costs
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw material, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost
- Calculate projected PPC (planned production costs) for time to market projects and cost reduction projects
- Responsible for preparing specific cost records/data for monthly financial close with commodity management team and internal finance team
- Ability to understand new concepts, grasps/forecast new product cost very early in the development process, and work with internal/external teams to understand related cost information. Includes capital equipment, tooling, test, manufacturing process, and automation cost analysis/tracking/reporting.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of accounting process within a manufacturing facility
- Experience with personal computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiar with ERP systems and reporting – able to learn/use applicable oracle ERP modules
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with a supply-chain, sourcing, and Product Design team to derive, track, manage and communicate cost through and with direct managers or other team members as necessary
- Demonstrated professional attitude in working in a fast-paced technology product development environment
- Willingness to take responsibility for additional work actions as assigned/requested.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top