Product Communications Associate Manager, Messenger
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to join our fast-growing team. The role will manage a broad range of consumer and tech communications efforts focused around our innovation in the world of messaging for people - including product launches, technology innovations, major announcements and events, working alongside our product, engineering, design and marketing teams. Creating and activating new ways through communications to reach the next 1 billion people on Messenger.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world - over 1 billion people all over the world use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. It's just as fast and dependable as texting, but offers so much more. You can make free voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs, chat with groups. Messenger is also redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual status features, end-to-end encryption, the hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. Messenger makes it easy to find and reach just about anyone, even if you don't have their phone number or aren't friends on Facebook. As a team, we combine the best parts of working at a small startup with global scale.
The successful candidate will be highly experienced at devising and executing complex media campaigns, handling issue and crisis management, possessing deep media relationships, and working with executives. An ability to translate complex new developments into the words of everyday is required. A keen understanding of technology and especially social networks, as well as knowledge of how messaging environments intersect is essential in this role. The ideal candidate will have experience of working at a dynamic pace and will be proactive, creative and highly organized.
This position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park, California.
- Devise and execute communications strategies and campaigns to support Messenger's strategic objectives
- Media relations work supporting consumer product launches
- Help our product teams infuse Messenger into pop culture
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects and coordinate across the broader Facebook corporate communications team
- Work cross-functionally with product, platform, policy, corporate and international PR teams on individual media opportunities and broader programs
- Work with executives and teams across the company including engineering, product, sales, marketing and legal
- Build relationships with developer media, press, bloggers, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders about core products and initiatives
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR
- Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, English or other related field
- 4+ years of experience in communications, technology or monetization
Back to top