Product Architect, VR
- Seattle, WA
As a Product Architect for Oculus, you will lead architecture on upcoming VR products, help drive the overall strategy & roadmap, and be a part of the teams designing, building, and testing prototypes for future consumer virtual reality experiences. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, able to map tradespaces, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
Starting with a broad engineering background in electrical, mechanical, optics silicon, or related fields, we're looking for a unique system designer or architect. The ideal candidate would have strong systems skills, previous roles driving architecture convergence on complex consumer electronics products, and experienced with SoC evaluation, optical systems, sensors, CV algorithms, software, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual reality experiences, and help advance technology and research roadmaps.
- Engage cross-functionally with product management, leadership, and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline.
- Work closely with various organizations internal and external to define and execute the long term roadmaps.
- Lead product architecture for roadmap products.
- Communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- BS in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in hardware design
- Experience in driving product architecture for high volume consumer electronics products
- Experience working with one or more of these technologies: displays, optics, silicon, sensors
- Experience working with offshore partners
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross functional functions
- Experience in additional fields such as programming, computer vision, OS, game development
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top