Product Architect (AR), Facebook Reality Labs
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Product Architect at Facebook, you will lead architecture on upcoming AR products, help drive the overall strategy & roadmap, and be a part of the teams designing, building, and testing prototypes for future consumer augmented reality experiences. We want people who: work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, able to map tradespaces, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product.
Starting with a broad engineering background in electrical, mechanical, optics, silicon, or related fields, we're looking for a unique system designer or architect. The ideal candidate would have strong systems skills, previous roles driving architecture convergence on complex consumer electronics products, and experienced with SoC evaluation, optical systems, sensors, CV algorithms, software, and able to work collaboratively with experts in different fields to make architectural tradeoffs.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new augmented reality experiences, and help advance technology and research roadmaps.
- Engage cross-functionally with product management, leadership, and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline.
- Work closely with various organizations internal and external to define and execute the long term roadmaps.
- Lead product architecture for roadmap products.
- Communicate technology and product strategy effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience past a BS in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in driving product architecture for high volume consumer electronics products
- Experience working with one or more of these technologies: displays, optics, silicon, sensors
- Experience working with offshore partners
- Communication experience, with experience working with Product Design engineers and other hardware/software cross functional functions
- Experience in additional fields such as programming, computer vision, OS, game development
Back to top