(Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for data scientists to work on our core and business products (Instagram, Ads, Messaging, Identity, Growth & Engagement, Mobile, Search, Privacy, Payments ) with a passion for Internet technology to help drive informed business decisions for Facebook. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. These positions are located in our Menlo Park, Seattle, and New York offices.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- The Data Scientist Analytics role has work across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
- Working in hadoop and hive primarily, sometimes mysql, oracle, and vertica
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Product Operations
- Setting goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Product Leadership
- Influencing product teams through presentation of work
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis.
- Preferred experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Preferred experience with an Internet-based company.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top