Process Transfer Hardware Engineering Lead
- Cork, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we're developing the future of AR/VR displays. As a semiconductor technical lead, your job will be in implementation of a manufacturing process for future LED components, taking it from research to production. You will work closely with internal research teams and external partners and vendors. You will help define requirements and deliverables, schedule and track project progress. To be successful, you will eliminate barriers to your team's success, clearly communicate their work to all stakeholders. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to approach unfamiliar problems with curiosity and tenacity, and able to find ways to help our research teams be more efficient. Extensive travel and possible long term assignment to partner locations is a key part of this role.
- Implementing Facebook's LED development and manufacturing processes in partner facilities worldwide
- Building and managing project plans and small teams at module and full flow level
- Carrying out risk assessment and mitigation
- Working with internal and external partners to specify, install and ramp materials, processes and tools
- Taking ownership of part of a nascent manufacturing flow and its implementation in a partner's facility
- Working with the research team to design and implement experimental work flows and products
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Nano materials or related subject
- Subject matter expert in industrial semiconductor process research and development or manufacturing/ or experience in blue, green or red LED process development and integration
- Expertise in at least one of device architecture, epitaxy, lithography, etch, deposition or assembly processes
- Proven technical leadership ability in cross functional and multi-site situations, ideally involving site to site technology transfer
- Strong PM skills
Back to top