Process Integration Engineer, NPI
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), the research division for AR/VR for Facebook, is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated NPI, Process Integration Engineer responsible for the manufacturing processes of our new products.
The successful candidate will report to the NPI Program Manager and will work closely with the R&D teams to successfully transfer our NPI processes from development to full production.
The position is particularly suited to a talented senior engineer with strong device processing skills who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving R&D environment. This is a full-time position based in our Cork site, Ireland.
- Responsible for establishing all manufacturing aspects of new products from development processes to full production release
- Drive the development of NPI manufacturing processes that provide capability and improved yield and cost performance
- Translation of product design and processes into production specification
- Develop validation protocols for new processes and equipment
- Review NPI designs and provide input to ensure design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Create, evaluate and verify manufacturing specifications and requirements
- Responsible for communications and of all device processing transfer knowledge and ideas to production teams
- Provide technical support and guidance to manufacturing personnel
- Manufacturing handover (documentation & training) for new products and new tools
- Ability to interface with suppliers and partners, from a technical and project management perspective
- Documentation and control responsibility for all processes and procedures related to the position
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools that supports Route Cause Analysis, SPC and DOE
- Point of contact for volume manufacturing sites and key vendors when required
- 5+ years experience and proven experience in developing and deploying semiconductor device manufacturing processes, enabling scale that has delivered improved yields and product cost
- Significant experience with high volume, overseas contract manufacturing
- 2+ years proven experience of program management of NPI or technology transfer activities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably graduate study and qualifications in Micro-electronics, Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, or Material Science
- Knowledge of micro and nano-fabrication of opto-electronic devices such as LEDs and lasers, and the physics of their behavior
Back to top