Process Improvement Manager, Internal Risk Mitigation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Processes and Tools team is responsible for driving productivity gains and mitigating risk through process improvements for the Global Marketing Solutions organization. Weâ€™re obsessed with finding the most efficient ways to perform tasks while also protecting our business. Itâ€™s our job to make the lives of the Sales and Marketing teams easier by both streamlining their workflows and closing potential gaps in our processes and tools.
Weâ€™re seeking experienced consultants or project managers to join our team. In this role, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to help Facebookâ€™s business scale for the future by owning a portfolio of risk mitigation related process projects. Youâ€™ll work with cross-functional partners across many different teams in the GMS org (e.g. sales, marketing, operations) helping teams re-engineer their work streams to balance efficiency and protection. This role will primarily be focused on partnering with business stakeholders to identify potentially risky workflows, auditing and documenting those workflows, making recommendations to streamline and secure the workflows, and helping teams execute on the recommended changes.
Weâ€™re looking for candidates who enjoy solving complex problems through technical and analytical excellence, synthesizing disparate pieces of information into concrete recommendations, and project managing multiple streams of work. The ideal candidate is passionate about efficiency, change management, and risk mitigation, has a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and a strong desire for constant innovation.
- Lead internal risk-related process improvement projects from inception to implementation to enhance the security of the GMS org
- Investigate current workflows and process-related pain-points by interviewing and shadowing sales and marketing field agents
- Document existing workflows and re-create more secure workflows to show the gap between the current and ideal end states
- Develop recommendations for moving to the ideal end-state process and present proposals to key stakeholders and leaders for buy-in
- Project manage the execution of recommendations by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders through an implementation plan
- Measure the performance and security of newly implemented workflows and iterate on the process for continual refinement
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities for future internal risk mitigation projects
- BS/MS degree
- 5+ years of online operations, compliance, risk management, or management consulting experience, or 3+ years experience with a Masterâ€™s degree
- Experience finding security gains by re-engineering processes
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing risk mitigation insights and recommendations from multiple input sources (e.g. data sets, interview feedback, process flow documents, etc.)
- Experience presenting organizational and process flow content to audiences
- Experience in risk mitigation and change management techniques
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to prioritize for impact across many competing priorities
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and bringing order to chaos
- Able to foresee implications of different courses of actions when making decisions and mitigate against any potential problems
- Ability to multitask and juggle a large portfolio of diverse projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top