Process Engineer, Nanofabrication
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We currently seeking a Process Engineer with expertise in nanofabrication technology. The engineer will work closely with our team of Optical Scientists and Nanofabrication Research staff to lead the scale-up of novel near-eye display process technology.
The position is a full-time regular position requiring a Bachelors, or Masters degree in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or similar. Specifically, candidates should have experience supporting prototype builds, process development, and an interest driving pilot scale manufacturing. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Own pilot-scale builds for advanced optical components.
- Ensure fabrication processes and associated metrology are stable.
- Implement statistical control methods & own yield improvement Pareto within sector.
- Understand relationships between sector metrics and component performance.
- Support development and research staff in implement new process and materials.
- Act as within-sector tool owner. Drive sector level initiatives such as Standard-Operation-Procedure documentation, safety protocol generation, tool evaluations and selection.
- Work with build team lead to prioritize development and production within sector.
- Build collaborative relationships between internal research and external partners.
- Bachelors in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or similar fields.
- At least 1 year industrial experience building optical components for near-eye display.
- Knowledge of near-eye display component function.
- Knowledge of processes including deposition, etch, lithography, metrology, cleans.
- Interpersonal communication experience.
- 1+ years of industrial experience fabricating nanostructures optics.
Back to top