Process Engineer, Nanofabrication
We currently seeking a Process Engineer with expertise in nanofabrication technology. The engineer will work closely with our team of Optical Scientists and Nanofabrication Research staff to lead the scale-up of novel near-eye display process technology.
The position is a full-time regular position requiring a Bachelors, or Masters degree in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or similar. Specifically, candidates should have experience supporting prototype builds, process development, and an interest driving pilot scale manufacturing. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
PROCESS ENGINEER, NANOFABRICATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own pilot-scale builds for advanced optical components.
- Ensure fabrication processes and associated metrology are stable.
- Implement statistical control methods & own yield improvement Pareto within sector.
- Understand relationships between sector metrics and component performance.
- Support development and research staff in implement new process and materials.
- Act as within-sector tool owner. Drive sector level initiatives such as Standard-Operation-Procedure documentation, safety protocol generation, tool evaluations and selection.
- Work with build team lead to prioritize development and production within sector.
- Build collaborative relationships between internal research and external partners.
- Bachelors in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or similar fields.
- At least 1 year industrial experience building optical components for near-eye display.
- Knowledge of near-eye display component function.
- Knowledge of processes including deposition, etch, lithography, metrology, cleans.
- Interpersonal communication experience.
- 1+ years of industrial experience fabricating nanostructures optics.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Image Quality & Optical Test Engineer
- Integration Engineer
- Optical Scientist
- Optical Scientist
- Optical Test & Calibration Engineer
- Research Intern - Ultrasound (PhD)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top