Process Engineer, Nanofabrication
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside world-class research scientists and engineers creating the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer with expertise in nanofabrication technology. The engineer will work closely with our team of Optical Scientists and Nanofabrication Research staff to drive the scale-up of novel near-eye display process technology. The position is a full-time regular position requiring a Masters or PhD in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or similar. This position combines both internal development activities and responsibility for driving external engagements in the area of AR Optics. Candidates with experience developing processes leveraging partnerships are preferred. Specifically, candidates should have experience developing commercialization pathways supporting pilot scale production, establishing specifications on tools and materials, coordinating process development, and applying working knowledge in the associated metrology and analytical techniques. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Development of advanced near-eye display fabrication technology
- Work closely with the research staff to identify tool and material pathways
- Establish relationships with tool and material suppliers enabling pilot-scale fabrication
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support research initiatives
- Deliver stable materials and processes enabling state-of-the-art AR Optics
- Up to 25% travel (including international)
- Masters in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or similar fields
- Experience in driving collaborative research with strategic partners
- Knowledge of nanofabrication flows and materials
- Knowledge of optics, and associated process
- Experience developing commercialization pathways supporting pilot scale production, establishing specifications on tools and materials, coordinating process development
- 3+ years experience with Masters in industrial R&D
- Experience with development leveraging external partners
- PhD in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or similar fields
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top