Process Engineer, Deposition (Oculus)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) brings together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers with the shared goal of developing AR and VR across the spectrum. We're creating new possibilities across the full span of how people interact with these new technologies.
The role involves undertaking process development and the fabrication of semiconductor device prototypes, as well as designing, constructing and applying novel solutions to devices, systems and displays for next generation product development.
- Fabrication of semiconductor-based devices in a clean room environment.
- Process development & optimization, process troubleshooting.
- Delivery of devices for the needs of internal and external projects.
- Documentation and control responsibility for all processes and procedures related to the position.
- Designing experiments, analyzing data, and reporting the key results.
- Promote and support innovation to facilitate IP generation as appropriate.
- Interface with suppliers and partners, from a technical and project management perspective.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher in Micro-electronics, Physics or Material Science.
- Experience in III-V semiconductor (GaN/GaAs) processing.
- Experience in one or more processing areas: deposition, lithography, etch, metrology.
- Strong background in process development, process control, and process scale-up.
- Strong background in semiconductor physics & materials science.
- Broad understanding in material & device characterization.
Back to top