Privacy Strategic Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Privacy Regulatory Response team is responsible for scaling our ability to execute on all global privacy requirements. This includes standing up a cross-functional program to respond to any new or upcoming changes to existing privacy regulation(s) as well as building a long term approach and strategic framework to meet the privacy regulations expectations over the next 1-3 years.At its core, this team is a quarterback for a cross-functional team from product, legal and policy team with common goals of meeting global privacy regulatory expectations in a prioritized manner. The focus of this role is to bring these different team members together to make decisions and trade-offs to ensure we build our short term response to meet the regulatory requirement and build long term product and policy roadmaps with an eye towards Facebook having the ability to shape and meet future privacy expectations. This is a highly visible role that requires strategic thinking, excellent stakeholder management, technical know-how, and operational excellence. Additionally, this role works with leadership including executives at the company. The successful candidate thrives in an ambiguous, cross-functional environment where they are able to work with multiple stakeholders to understand different perspectives and provide discussion frameworks to enable trade-offs and decisions. They should excel in knowing when to lead or support a cross-functional team and bring out views from all disciplines in order to inform one strategic plan. While this role is not technical, it requires a keen interest in and aptitude for understanding how our platform is constructed and the ability to dive deep into a technical feature in order to educate external and internal parties. Similarly the right candidate will also be intellectually curious and build familiarity and fluency with legal requirements in the areas of privacy, data protection, and security.
- Design the program for any new or existing privacy regulations, including understanding the regulation, identifying key requirements which require investment or change in current Facebook practices/products and operationalize our response to meet those requirements.
- Lead the program to ensure execution is managed in a prioritized manner to balance the near term regulatory requirement(s) execution and long term privacy roadmap.
- Partner with the cross-functional teams from product, legal and policy functions through response plan, including holding teams accountable for inputs and aligning where there are competing priorities and strategies from different cross-functional partners.
- Ensure progress on priority work-streams, help build decision-making frameworks and deliverables.
- Prepare communication materials and progress tracking for multiple audiences including leadership from privacy, legal and policy teams.
- Build and maintain an inventory of all global privacy regulations and a map of our compliance and product positions vis-a-vis those regulations.
- Build a long term view on global privacy regulations and distill them into actionable privacy framework for the company.
- Work with legal, privacy and policy leadership teams to ensure the cross-company work on privacy includes the key priorities coming from global regulations.
- 5+ years of work experience in strategy, management consulting, business operations, program management, or other operational discipline
- Experience working directly with management as well as people at all levels, including executives
- Experience communicating with technical and business stakeholders
- Communications experience with experience simplifying concepts and developing outputs
- Experience running project management or program management initiatives with technical and business stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple tasks under timelines and shifting priorities
- Advanced Degree, MBA, or Law Degree
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top