Privacy Public Policy Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are seeking a privacy manager to work as a part of Facebook's privacy review process and to evaluate public policy proposals concerning data privacy. A successful candidate will be deeply familiar with privacy regulation and policy including the Internet, and will be able to use their understanding of web and mobile technology to promote privacy design across the range of services that Facebook offers to our community. In this role, you'll collaborate with other members of Facebook's product teams, our cross-functional privacy team, and our global public policy team. You'll engage with stakeholders, both within and outside Facebook, about privacy issues, speak on behalf of Facebook at conferences and events, and analyze and draft proposed legislation relating to privacy issues. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on the public policy implications of new products and features
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective voice for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, data security and other technology issues
- Develop and execute strategies for engaging with global public policymakers and the broader privacy community around issues important to Facebook and the people we serve
- Bachelors degree in public policy, legal, political science or related field
- JD or advanced technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with privacy, data security and technology policy issues
- Experience in applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes
- Knowledge of Internet services and Facebook's products and platform
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top