Privacy Program Operations Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy Program Management team is looking for a Privacy Program Operations Specialist to support the day-to-day operations of Facebook's company-wide Privacy Program. In this role, you'll work closely with our Privacy Program Managers to ensure the effective operation of the program, including by ensuring the timely resolution of privacy reviews for new products and features, the appropriate implementation of program guidance, oversight and documentation of programmatic compliance requirements, and working with our legal partners to ensure ongoing program compliance. You will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities for programmatic mitigations and controls and implementing operational improvements as the program - and company - continue to grow.A successful candidate will be proactive, self-directed and have experience working on process improvements, systems thinking, and/or regulatory and compliance requirements in the technology space, as well as strong interpersonal and project-management skills. This is a full-time position that will be based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Conduct reviews of new products and features to ensure that privacy-related decisions have been implemented appropriately
- Track privacy decisions around new products and features, including implementations, launch status, and overall programmatic updates
- Work with our legal team to identify regulatory requirements applicable to the privacy review process and communicate those requirements to program managers
- Drive discipline, training, organization and consistency across the team, specifically around documentation and record-keeping
- Act as the point of contact for recurring assessments conducted by other teams/departments
- Track and respond to requests in a timely and organized manner while respecting competing timelines
- Serve as gatekeeper of document library and internal site containing privacy program management information, team policies and guidelines, and product updates
- Communicate programmatic metrics and potential process improvements to the broader privacy program team, and ensure that privacy program managers are in compliance with process requirements.
- 3+ years of work experience in project management, program management, operations, or a related field
- Project management skills, including across organizations
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and drive projects proactively in an often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Experience working in and influencing diverse stakeholders in cross-functional teams, including engineers, product managers, content strategists, lawyers
- Communication and analytical skills
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in privacy or technology compliance or a related field
- Advanced degree in public policy, tech policy, or related field
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top