Privacy Program Manager, Product
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy Program Management team is looking for a Privacy Program Manager to lead cross-functional privacy reviews for consumer products. In this role, you'll work closely with product managers to learn about new products, and partner with legal, public policy, product marketing, security, and other teams across the company to identify potential privacy challenges and drive towards consensus-based solutions.
A successful candidate will have a substantive experience working on privacy issues in the technology or consumer product space, as well as strong interpersonal and project-management skills.
This is a full-time position that will be based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage Facebook's cross-functional privacy review process for new products and features
- Facilitate discussion and coordination among product managers and privacy stakeholders across the company (including members of the legal, public policy, product marketing, security, and communications teams)
- Work with product managers and other privacy stakeholders to develop and drive consensus around creative solutions to privacy-by-design challenges
- Track and document new product proposals, status updates, and key decisions
- Communicate privacy decisions to the broader cross-functional team, and ensure that those decisions are properly implemented
- Relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional teams
- Communicating to different types of audiences both internally and externally
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Political Science, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of work experience on privacy or technology law, policy, programs, or other related field
- Experience in online privacy or related field
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with organizing, coordinating, multi-tasking, and process-improvements in a program
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Back to top