Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Privacy Manager with expertise in advertising and ad tech to join our Privacy and Data Policy team and help us set the standard for privacy in online advertising. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and innovative approaches to data that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you'll help shape the company's approach to privacy across our suite of advertising product and services.
You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional partners across the company to build privacy into the products and services that forge meaningful connections between people and businesses. You'll serve as a subject matter expert for Facebook's global policy team on Facebook's advertising products and work with our teams to evaluate and respond to related legislative and regulatory developments.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver that is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be deeply familiar with privacy issues in online advertising. This candidate will also have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives in the privacy community, be able to use this understanding to promote privacy in Facebook's advertising products and services, and drive privacy improvements across our industry. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on the privacy implications of advertising products, services, features, education, and controls
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective voice for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, data security and other technology issues
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years of experience with privacy, data security, or technology policy issues (2+ years with advanced degree in related field)
- Experience counseling clients around privacy, data security, or policy issues and managing multiple business priorities
- Experience prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- JD or equivalent, MPP, or technical degree
- Experience working directly with executives to support business decision making
- Understanding of online advertising business practices and technology
- Working familiarity with privacy legislative frameworks
- Experience with creating policy analysis and public presentation
- Experience planning and executing cross-functional initiatives
Back to top