Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a policy expert with experience developing privacy legislation to join our Public Policy and Privacy team. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and innovative approaches to data that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you'll collaborate with policy and other experts at Facebook, along with policymakers, regulators, and consumer and civil liberties advocates, to help build the next generation of data protections for people around the world.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative and strategic thinker who has experience analyzing and drafting legislation, and who can switch easily between big-picture conceptual thinking and detailed analysis. A successful candidate will be deeply familiar with online consumer services, have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives in the privacy community, and be able to use this understanding to drive a sustainable approach to privacy within Facebook and globally. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office.
- Develop legislative and other policy frameworks for protecting privacy and promoting innovation
- Respond to legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, consumer protection and other technology issues
- Represent Facebook in meetings with policymakers, regulators, consumer and civil liberties advocates, and other stakeholders
- Identify policy trends of importance to the company
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, requests for comments, and internal policy meetings
- Advise internal teams on public policy matters to help guide development of products and policies
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years of experience with privacy, consumer protection or technology policy issues
- Experience analyzing and/or drafting legislation
- Experience with applicable privacy regimes
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- JD or advanced technical degree
- Experience with policy analysis, drafting, and public speaking
- Candidates will have published drafting or have spoken publicly on topics relating to privacy legislation
- Experience with counseling clients in the context of product or business development efforts
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top