Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader experienced in building innovative products with privacy at their core to lead on the business side of our new Privacy and Data Use team in Menlo Park. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and innovative approaches to data that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you'll help shape the company's approach to privacy across the suite of consumer products and services that we're building for the more than two billion people in our community.
You'll work closely with leads in related functions at Facebook, including product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, attorneys, and communications and marketing teams, to build privacy into the products and services that we're developing and shape Facebook's privacy vision in these areas. You'll also serve as a subject matter expert for Facebook's global policy team on Facebook's consumer products and work with our teams to evaluate and respond to legislative and regulatory developments around privacy.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver that is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be deeply familiar with consumer privacy, have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives in the privacy community, and be able to use this understanding to promote privacy in Facebook's products and services, and to drive privacy improvements across our industry. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
The role is located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective voice for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Build consensus around innovative solutions to privacy in new technologies and contexts
- 12+ years of experience with privacy, data security and technology policy issues
- Knowledge of privacy legislative and policy frameworks
- Experience counseling clients around privacy, data security, or policy issues and developing innovative approaches to product experiences
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a collaborative way
- JD, MPP, or technical degree
Back to top