Privacy Legal Program Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Privacy Legal Program Specialist to assist in a range of programs, and initiatives in the areas of privacy, data protection and information security. This is a full-time position.
Privacy and security are central to everything we do at Facebook. The legal department works to develop practices and procedures that ensure the personal information of our users is safe, secure, and used in accordance with their sharing settings and choices. Facebook seeks a highly motivated, well organized, Privacy Legal Program Specialist. In this role, you will help develop and execute a comprehensive regulatory compliance strategy, conduct risk assessments, manage and resolve privacy incidents, lead and execute projects, support core documentation and compliance efforts, and help review, enhance, and manage the day-to-day operation of Facebookâ€™s privacy, information security and compliance programs with global privacy and security frameworks.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual fascinated by complex projects, who thrives in fast-paced environments and can seamlessly drive process with multiple stakeholders to accomplish bold things.
- Help coordinate and evolve Facebook's global Privacy Program
- Support the development and management of internal privacy and data protection controls
- Manage projects related to ongoing compliance with privacy and data protection laws, and related requirements
- Coordinate cross-functionally and drive resolution on a diverse range of privacy incidents
- Analyze root causes, trends and systematic issues and prepare reports/dashboards for management
- Develop expertise in privacy incident/breach response through tools and infrastructure and appropriately prepare cross-functional teams through red-team exercises and training
- Communicate privacy and data protection decisions to the broader cross-functional teams, and ensure that those decisions are properly implemented
- B.A. or B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent project or program management experience
- 3+ years of experience across security or privacy incident or emergency response coordination
- Experience with implementing global privacy programs
- Experience with design, building, implementing and operationalizing privacy and data protection controls
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Knowledge of legal, information security and privacy frameworks (e.g., GDPR, US state breach notification requirements, ISO 27000 series, Privacy Shield)
- Experience with program management practices, tools, and methodology
- Experience communicating with different types of audiences both internally and externally
- Privacy and data protection, information technology/information security experience
- Experience with emerging technologies and devices
- Knowledge of Facebook products
- Consulting experience
- Privacy or Security certification (e.g. CIPP, CISSP, or similar)
Back to top