Privacy Engineer, Technical Audit
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy Engineering organization is seeking a passionate engineer to identify, advise, investigate and mitigate privacy violations and/or exposures in our products. Your skills will be the foundation for understanding privacy risks in Facebook initiatives by being the technical advocate for privacy decisions and discussions across the company. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the privacy expertise necessary to make confident product decisions.
- Play a key role in driving code and architecture reviews as well as large cross-company privacy reviews of products and features.
- Conduct technical reviews for new features and identify privacy concerns. Work closely with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product and Legal.
- Provide product teams with the guidance and best practices to help protect users privacy and mitigate any risk. Work closely with Security and Privacy leaders to help define goals that are properly aligned to company-wide goals.
- Define and articulate a clear vision for privacy, and influence leaders across all of Facebook to adopt a balanced view of product and privacy goals in overall decision-making.
- 2+ years work experience in a role coding in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ (or equivalent language) including code maintenance and review.
- 3+ years Application Security experience (conducting security reviews) or 2+ years privacy experience with GDPR or CCPA implementation.
- Experience making contributions to the security or privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience within a corporate environment communicating technical issues and their implications to other areas of the business
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
Back to top