Privacy Engineer, Incident Investigation
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy team is seeking an Incident Investigation Engineer with extensive experience in identifying, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world privacy threats to applications. We are looking for Engineers with a passion for protecting security and privacy through triaging, mitigating, remediating and learning from security privacy incidents and application-level weaknesses potentially found in our systems. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the privacy and security of over two billion people, you will advance Facebook's mission to make privacy a priority in everything we do by identifying and remediating instances of inappropriate data use or access. Come and help us make life hard for the bad guys!
- Initial triage & fact identification: for every incident initial triage occurs to understand what has happened in order to assess the scope of impact. As part of triage, facts/evidence about the incident are uncovered.
- Provide privacy-focused technical input for mitigation and remediation, uncover incident trends requiring further action, and participate in technical and code review process.
- Review/understand what happened: all incidents will be reviewed to understand what happened and ensure that the root cause and contributing factors are identified and documented.
- Learn from this incident to ensure it doesn't resurface.
- 2+ years industry experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats.
- 3+ years experience in developing, responding and analyzing technical security incident response for application and/or infrastructure breaches.
- 2+ years work experience in a role coding in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ (or equivalent language) including code maintenance and review.
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.).
- Experience within a corporate environment communicating technical issues and their implications to other areas of the business.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science.
- Experience in developing intrusion detection techniques with products like Bro, Suricata and SNORT.
Back to top