(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking talented and flexible counsel to work on Facebook's legal privacy team and advise the company on a range of privacy, data protection and security-related legal and compliance initiatives. This is a full-time position located in our Menlo Park, California headquarters. The role is broad and, among other things, involves advising clients on various legal risks and obligations under global privacy laws and driving high-profile cross-functional initiatives across the business involving a variety of complex legal and/or regulatory issues. This requires the ability to both work independently and with large multi-stakeholder teams. We are looking for someone with sharp analytical and communication skills, who is diligent, proactive, collaborative, and has demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Evaluate the impact of legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry proposals involving privacy and security across Facebook's services and companies
- Support members of the legal, business, and policy teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including in areas related to partnerships, acquisitions, integrations, and other business development opportunities
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with stakeholders across Facebook's business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and investigations, and draft regulatory filings
- Develop regulatory strategy with global privacy regulators in connection with new product features and initiatives
- Participate in the development and management of Facebook's (and its affiliates') terms and policies (especially including the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and the Data Policy)
- Manage internal privacy compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations under those programs
- Assist product lawyers in evaluating impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions, and other related guidelines on product features.
- 3 or more years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies (applicable litigation, regulatory, or product counseling will be considered)
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- Experience prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines
- Business judgment and client counseling experience
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially including those relevant for social media and Internet companies.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top