Privacy and Regulatory Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Privacy Program Manager to assist in a range of reviews, programs, and initiatives in the areas of privacy, data protection and security. This is a full-time position located in our Menlo Park, California headquarters. Privacy and security are central to everything we do at Facebook. The legal department works to develop practices and procedures that ensure the personal information of our users is safe, secure, and used in accordance with their sharing settings and choices. Facebook seeks a highly motivated, well organized, project manager and compliance professional. In this role you will help develop and execute a comprehensive compliance strategy, conduct risk assessments, lead core documentation and compliance efforts, and help to review, enhance, and manage the day to day operation of Facebook's privacy and security programs and compliance with global privacy and security frameworks. We are looking for a self-motivated individual fascinated by complex tactical projects, who thrives in fast-paced environments and who can seamlessly drive process with multiple stakeholders to accomplish bold things.
- Help to coordinate Facebook's global privacy program framework for the legal department and to develop and manage internal controls relating to privacy and security legal frameworks.
- Work on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, and related requirements
- Establish and manage tools for documenting and tracking compliance with Facebook's global legal obligations, including data impact assessments.
- Coordinate internal and external audits of our privacy systems and procedures.
- Assist in the development and deployment of trainings that highlight legal obligations and best practices
- Be flexible and willing to work on projects in other areas.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent project or program management experience
- 5+ years of experience in auditing, consulting, legal, or program management environments
- Experience advancing multiple projects as a project manager
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Experience with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Privacy experience
- Experience with emerging technologies and devices and knowledge of Facebook products
- Consulting experience
- Privacy certification (e.g. CIPP or CIPM or similar)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top