Privacy and Public Policy Manager, Consumer Product
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook's Public Policy and Privacy team is seeking a privacy manager to help shape the company's strategy around privacy for the Facebook app and other products and services we build for our community. In this role, you'll work closely with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional partners across the company to build privacy into the products and services that we're developing. You'll also interact with privacy experts, academics, and other stakeholders outside the company to share Facebook's approach to privacy and build consensus around how to build privacy into our approach to privacy regulation as a whole. And you'll serve as a subject matter expert for Facebook's global policy team on Facebook's consumer products and work with our teams to evaluate and respond to legislative and regulatory developments around privacy.A successful candidate will be deeply familiar with online and mobile consumer services, have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives in the privacy community, and be able to use this understanding to promote privacy in Facebook's products and services, and to drive privacy improvements across our industry. This is a full time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on the privacy implications of new products and features
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective voice for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, data security and other technology issues
- Bachelors degree in political science or technical field
- 6+ years of experience with privacy, data security or technology policy issues
- Experience with applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- JD, MPP, or advanced technical degree
- Experience with policy analysis, writing, and public speaking
- Experience with counseling clients in the context of product or business development efforts
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top