Privacy and Public Policy Manager
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Public Policy and Privacy team is seeking a public policy manager to drive the company’s engagement with the policy community in the United States around privacy issues. In this role, you’ll interact with government officials, privacy advocates, trade associations, academics, and other stakeholders to share Facebook’s approach to privacy and build consensus around how our society thinks about and regulates data. You’ll collaborate with other members of Facebook’s privacy team to draft, analyze, and provide feedback on legislative, regulatory, and self-regulatory proposals, and work to develop pragmatic public policy proposals. And you’ll use your expertise in these areas to help inform how Facebook builds privacy into our products and services.
A successful candidate will be deeply familiar with online privacy issues and the Internet advertising ecosystem, will have experience drafting legislation (ideally privacy legislation), and will have demonstrated capability to manage complex projects.
This is a full time position located in our Washington, DC office.
- Serve as an effective voice for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Analyze global legislative and regulatory proposals concerning privacy, data security and other technology issues and draft or edit legislation on related topics
- Establish coalitions or informal stakeholder groups collaborating to achieve a common goal, and manage the ongoing functioning of these efforts
- Maintain positive relationships with and solicit feedback from privacy experts
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience with privacy, data security or technology policy issues
- Experience drafting legislation and with federal and state legislative processes
- Experience with applicable legislative, regulatory and self-regulatory regimes
- Demonstrate writing and public speaking skills
- Experience establishing project plans and independently managing ongoing work by multiple stakeholders
- JD or advanced technical degree
- Experience drafting and analyzing legislation
- Background working with privacy advocates, trade associations, and academics around privacy issues
- Experience with Internet privacy and Facebook’s products and platform
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top