Privacy and Data Policy Manager, Data Ecosystem
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Privacy and Data Policy Manager, Data Ecosystem to provide guidance on the privacy implications of building innovative products. The team's mission is to develop privacy-protective and thoughtful approaches to using data that help bring the world closer together and improve people's lives. In this role, you'll help shape the company's approach to empowering users and enabling privacy-protective data sharing with developers; innovative businesses; the research community; and others.You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, attorneys, partnerships and communications and marketing teams, to build privacy into the products and services that we're developing and shape Facebook's privacy and policy visions in these areas. You'll also serve as a subject matter expert for Facebook's global policy team on Facebook's products and work with our teams to evaluate and respond to legislative and regulatory developments around privacy. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver that is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be deeply familiar with public policy and have a meaningful understanding of privacy and Internet technologies. And the candidate will be passionate about the services Facebook provides and the people that we serve. The role can be located in our San Francisco, New York, or Washington DC offices.
- Develop thoughtful policies and provide guidance on the privacy implications of products, services, features, and controls centered on data portability, access, sharing, and use
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing, and other privacy requirements
- Represent Facebook on privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Build consensus around innovative solutions to privacy in new technologies and contexts
- 6+ years of experience with advising clients and engaging policymakers on privacy, data security, or technology policy issues
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Communication experience and collaborative work ethic
- JD, M.P.P, or technical degree
- Experience with privacy issues related to data sharing with third parties
- Knowledge of privacy legislative and policy frameworks
Back to top