Principal Researcher, Center for Marketing Science Innovation
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
As the way people communicate changes the methods we use to understand communication and media need to evolve as well. Facebook is seeking an experienced media research professional to help us lead this change.
The Center for Marketing Science Innovation is a new team within Facebook focused on understanding the physiology of communication with applications in the evaluation of advertising and new Facebook products. In service of this goal the Principal Researcher will work with partners, internal and external to Facebook to innovate on new methodologies, oversee research studies, and lead the prioritization of those studies.
We seek an expert in media research with experience influencing the advertising industry and managing a successful research agenda. This lab is instrumental in informing Facebook's overall product strategy, advertising strategies recommended to Facebook clients, and new measurement platforms used across the advertising industry. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the media industry, research methods and statistics. Experience with implicit and biometric research methods strongly preferred. This position is full-time and based in New York, NY.
- Define and lead a research agenda which will influence the advertising industry's approach to biometrics and brand measurement
- Lead a team of high performing researchers to deliver against a bold research agenda
- Reimagine traditional brand, creative and product measurement in an implicit environment
- Partner closely with Facebook Marketing Science and UX research and other internal teams for joint project collaboration
- Partner with advertisers and media agencies to deliver research that informs media strategies
- Articulate and advocate the vision of the lab to broad audiences internal to Facebook and within the advertising and digital industries
- Work with Facebook neuroscientists and media research experts to lead collaborative papers and assessing the validity and rigor of new methodologies
- Manage day to day lab partnerships
- Advanced degree in science, economics, engineering or similar technical field with 8+ years' experience in applied research
- Experience in a range of research and measurement methods
- Experience in solving problems and measurement prototyping
- Experience with advanced and complex statistical analysis of data
- Collaboration and communication skills for working in multidisciplinary teams
- Self motivated and able to thrive in fast paced environments
- Ability to communicate complex analysis and results to any audience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top