Principal Project Manager - APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for driving the full cycle of design, scheduling, procurement and deployment of Enterprise Engineering Office Technology in Facebook offices. This includes audio visual and video conferencing systems, printers, digital wayfinding, production events spaces, specialty demo spaces and more. The Principal PM partners with Facilities teams and Enterprise Engineering teams to ensure the effective deployment of innovative spaces that help drive collaboration and communication company wide. In addition, the project management component includes project leadership, planning, execution, control, financial responsibility and post-project review. As a key knowledge resource for the team, this person will also help train/onboard new Deployment Project Managers (DPMs). Finally, work to continuously improve existing workflows for efficiency and scaling as well as help define new workflows as team scope increases.
- Project management of the build project lifecycle for deploying EE Office Tech in Facebook offices. This may entail personally managing the project, or oversight of specific projects being run by a contractor DPM.
- Scope includes the strategic design, procurement, deployment and commissioning of office tech gear.
- The technology in scope include the verticals of: Video Conferencing, End-User IT equipment, Events production gear, Digital Wayfinding, and Specialized IT Systems. Knowledge of networks and IDF-room equipment is a plus.
- Attend design build meetings & work collaboratively across organizations.
- Key trainer for both project management and technology deployment workflows for new hires.
- Continuously work to identify opportunities to improve workflows for efficiency/scaling.
- Project Management and Oversight:
- Autonomous in ability to drive large-scale projects &/or non-standard projects that involve a high level of complexity.
- Ability to be highly analytical, independently problem solve and mitigate risk.
- nitial engagement with Facilities during the project programming phase – driving technology and amenity requirements to incorporate into space planning and initial architectural test fits.
- Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances. Make needed corrections, including design drawings, timelines, scope, and standards.
- Build initial budgets for project approvals. Detailed financial tracking, including budget, Purchase Orders, Invoices and variances
- Accountable for providing the Project Sponsor and stakeholders with a routine status of the Builds project, actively communicating technical issues and risks, and minimizing the impact of these issues and risk.
- Coordinates with Facilities, Engineering, and CorpNet on overall project timelines, dependencies, and risk/issues.
- Guide the process for New Builds for entering a new country in the region – including synching with entity setup, recommendations & onboarding of vendors, working with trade ops to ensure clean execution of the build
- Potential oversight of projects being managed by staff DPMs, driving alignment with DPM on budgets, roadblocks, status, risks and timelines. Drive removal of roadblocks for DPMs on projects.
- Technical Design and Deployment:
- Apply Facebook standards in determining the design, bill of materials, and drawings for new offices
- Use drafting software, or manage chosen vendor to markup architectural drawings with electrical symbols per standards and required format. Includes phases of Schematic Design through 100% Construction Design drawings.
- Consult with Design Engineering/SMEs for non-standard spaces
- Engage with third party vendors for hardware procurement, scheduling, and integration
- Project Manage onsite integration of office tech equipment
- Remove roadblocks for technicians on site during deployment
- Perform testing and commissioning handovers with third party vendors
- 6+ years of experience in managing construction or physical technology buildouts
- 6+ years experience of project management
- 1 year of experience with AutoCAD, or other drafting software.
- Experience managing budgets and costs exceeding $5M
- Experience with office technologies
- Cisco, Clear One, Crestron, Extron, NEC, HP, etc.
- Understanding of cabling, network dependencies as related to physical builds
- Experience leading initatives across multiple teams and disciplines
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top