Pre-Construction Process Improvement Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure Construction Management Team as a Process Improvement Engineer. The candidate must be experienced in developing process improvement initiatives to facilitate predictable, repeatable and efficient construction delivery models with the ability to develop key process metrics to gather and analyze data and identify process improvement opportunities.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
The engineer will have two primary responsibilities within the group including developing and formalizing processes for our data center development program and consolidating and reporting the schedule status for initiatives across our global construction projects. The responsibilities of this role include creating RACI matrices and process flow charts to communicate clear ownership and responsibilities to project teams. In addition, the Process Improvement Engineer will create and maintain electronic versions of process maps and build tools to leverage key process as they relate to construction software systems.
This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park offices. However, working across time zones and occasional travel is required.
- Construction Process Development/Management
- Develop process improvement initiatives to facilitate a predictable, repeatable and efficient data center delivery model
- Utilize tools such as RACI charts and process flow charts to communicate clear ownership and responsibilities
- Leverage process maps to drive clarity of roles and integrate into new staff onboarding programs
- Develop key process metrics, gather and analyze data to identify and organize process improvement opportunities
- Create and maintain an electronic version of the process map, build tools to leverage this information
- Manage the development and use of a Project Charter to align the expectations of project stakeholders
- Establish KPI's and associated scorecards to monitor improvement
- Drive the consistent use of processes across teams and locations
- Data Center Schedule Reporting
- Create programmatic data center construction schedules for internal planning & coordination
- Develop and maintain a wiki page that communicates the current status of all active construction projects
- Assist Preconstruction and Construction Project Managers in planning future projects, phases of work and future staffing
- Assist the Project Controls Specialists in forecasting the timing of monthly and quarterly spend projections
- 15% travel to construction sites is required (domestic & international locations)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or an Engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical
- 5+ years experience in the construction, manufacturing or technology industry
- Experience with the various stages of a capital development program - design through construction
- Experience with technical documentation, charts/graphs, process mapping
- Experience with various scheduling methodologies - critical path, Gantt charts, resource planning
- Proven experience utilizing scheduling programs such as Microsoft Project or Primavera P7
- Experience providing alternate solutions or bringing new solutions from different industries
- Organization, communication and presentation experience
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with high level direction to achieve goals
Back to top