Pre-Construction MEP Estimator
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join Pre-Construction Team as an MEP (Mechanical & Electrical) Estimator. The MEP Estimate must be experienced in in developing complex program, project, and system level budgets based on internal historical costs metrics, industry cost benchmarks, market cost analytics, from personal cost estimating experience, as well as leading and managing the MEP consultant estimators as a part of the Pre-Construction Estimating team.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost-effective online service in the world!
The successful candidate will provide a technical perspective along with operational guidance to the pre-construction team throughout the project planning process and will assist the pre-construction team in successfully launching new projects. The responsibilities of this role include generating budgets for new technologies, large program changes, managing a team of MEP Estimators, gathering technical requirements for the project and produce accurate and timely MEP cost estimates and overall budgets. In addition, the MEP will maintain historical databases of program costs for use in future estimate development and project cost bridging. The role will also provide oversight of outside vendors and internal resources to provide necessary support to produce larger and/or multiple concurrent cost estimates for new projects and/or systems.
This position is full-time and located in our Fremont, CA offices. However, the project locations will be spread across the United States and the world. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION MEP ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop mechanical, electrical and low voltage cost estimates for new build data center projects and retrofits by working with business stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather technical project information and produce associated detail cost estimates and overall budgets.
- Partner with strategic engineering and design teams to develop concept budgets for new technologies.
- Communicate clearly and concisely on the status of project cost estimation to all levels.
- Develop internal processes around cost estimation that leverage internal historical cost metrics as well as resources from external venders.
- Transition costs from estimates to control budgets based on established Work Breakout Structure coding and steward costs as they transition to the project cost control team.
- Provide reconciliation analysis between projects and estimate revisions, including supporting pre-construction team in negotiations with general contractors.
- Build and maintain a cost database which captures historical actuals spent for use in future estimates, project cost bridging, as well as strategic negotiations with external venders.
- Assist On-site Construction Mangers with detailed cost review of large complex project design or field changes, or as requested.
- Build internal and/or leverage third party tools to prepare estimates as well as detailed cost for multiple stages of project development.
- Support the oversight of external estimating vendors and potentially internal resources to produce project estimates and budgets.
- Considerable domestic and international travel required.
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field degree.
- 8+ years of experience with technical estimating (Electrical or Mechanical).
- 2+ years of leadership or personnel management experience.
- Experience with Level of Detail (LOD) as it relates to cost estimation, vendor/supplier quotation analysis, and experience in presenting costs to an audience.
- Experienced in communicating and presenting cost estimates to a group of stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Construction estimating experience in data centers, high technology or related sector.
- Experience with cost estimation of low voltage, security and BMS systems.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Business Operations Program Manager - IBOS
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Center Capacity Analyst
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Data Center Strategic Capacity Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Electrical Engineer, Data Center Design
- Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
- Project Engineer, Data Center Design
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top