Pre-Construction Manager, Special Projects
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating technical infrastructure the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
The successful candidate will provide a technical perspective along with operational guidance to the partner team throughout organization and will assist the Special Projects construction team in successfully launching new programs and projects. The responsibilities of this role include coordinating and prioritizing a wide range of projects and processes within the site as well as communicating issues and successes with respective operations groups.
This position is full-time and located in Fremont, CA. However, the project locations will be spread across the United States and the world. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION MANAGER, SPECIAL PROJECTS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple simultaneous data center and technology construction pre-construction development programs and projects from inception through hand over to the construction teams
- Manage ambiguity of project parameters and changing project limitations
- Lead development of Project Charters leveraging internal teams to define goals, scope, schedule, cost, quality and stakeholder plans for new capital development projects at or serving Facebook data centers
- Design management of Basis of Design development from inception through IFC and managing scope change effects
- Interface with construction managers, technical program managers, cost estimators, schedulers, capacity planning teams, operations, site teams and multi-disciplinary engineering partners to produce project requirements
- Ensure internal processes are followed and align expectations early on delivery timelines
- Develop preliminary schedules and cost estimates with high level resource planning and stakeholder coordination
- Lead regular status updates meetings to share current status with others and keep management well informed of changes to the project timeline as it develops
- Work in conjunction with the team's Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the cost, quality and schedule impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods
- Strategic planning including detailed build requirements, project coordination and scheduling, suggested contractor profile selection and procurement
- Mentor Data Center Construction staff
- Considerable (30%) domestic and international travel required
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree and/or minimum of 15 years direct experience in project planning and construction management
- Pre-construction (programming, scheduling and cost estimating) experience managing multi-group, multi-disciplinary development projects, data centers, live mission critical facilities or similar technical construction projects
- Experience with design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience managing vendor relationships and knowledge in standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts
- Experiences working with local, state, domestic and international construction build codes and health & safety requirements
- Experience with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied spaces
- Coordination experience leading a team and experience towards a single project outcome
- Communications and reporting experience
- Experience with Primavera P6, MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top