Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure Construction Management team as a Pre-construction Manager. The Pre-construction Manager must be experienced in leading and providing cost and schedule guidance to internal site selection, design and construction teams for a variety of retrofit and greenfield technology construction projects.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating technical infrastructure the "right" way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost-effective online service in the world!
The successful candidate will provide a technical perspective along with operational guidance to the partner team throughout the site selection process and will assist the Special Projects construction team in successfully launching new projects. The responsibilities of this role include coordinating and prioritizing a wide range of projects and processes within the site as well as communicating issues and successes with respective operations groups.
This position is full-time and located in our Fremont, CA offices. However, the project locations will be spread across the United States.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple simultaneous data center and technology construction and pre-construction development projects from inception through hand over to the construction teams
- Manage ambiguity of project parameters and changing project limitations
- Coordinate with internal teams to define goals and scope of new capital development projects at or serving Facebook data centers
- Design management of Basis of Design development- from inception through IFC and managing scope change effects
- Interface with construction managers, technical program managers, cost estimators, and capacity planning teams to produce project requirements
- Ensure internal processes are followed and align expectations early on delivery timelines
- Develop preliminary schedules and cost estimates with high level resource planning and stakeholder coordination
- Lead regular status updates meetings to share current status with others: keep management well informed of changes to the project timeline as it develops
- Work in conjunction with the team's Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the cost, quality and schedule impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods
- Strategic planning including detailed build requirements, project coordination and scheduling, suggested contractor profile selection and procurement
- Considerable (30%) domestic travel
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree and/or 8+ years direct experience in project planning and construction management
- Pre-construction (programming, scheduling and cost estimating) experience managing multi-group, multi-disciplinary development projects, data centers, satellite ground station construction or similar technical construction projects
- Experience in design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience managing vendor relationships and knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements
- Experience with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied spaces
- Coordination experience leading a team towards a single project outcome
- Experience working with local, state, domestic and international construction build codes and health & safety requirements
- Experience in Primavera P6, MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Data center construction experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Center Design Engineering Manager
- HR Business Partner, Infra Data Center
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Network Manager, Deployment & Support
- Operations Integration Validation Engineer
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Program Manager - Tooling
- Supplier Quality Engineer, SSD/Storage
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top