Postdoctoral Researcher, Product Algorithms
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for Postdoctoral Researchers and applied scientists to join the Core Data Science team. Core Data Science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally increase the magnitude of Facebook's successes. By applying your expertise in quantitative methods, you will be empowered to drive impact across all manner of product, infrastructure and operational use cases at Facebook.
- Develop novel quantitative methods on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure.
- Write software from scratch to implement novel methods.
- Build cross-functional partnerships throughout Facebook.
- Communicate best practices in quantitative analysis to partners.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Facebook's community of over 1.7 billion users.
- Actively identify new opportunities within Facebook's long term roadmap for data science contributions.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD, in a quantitative field
- Experience analyzing small datasets using languages like R, Python, Julia or MATLAB
- Experience implementing algorithms from scratch in a low-level language like C, C++ or Java
- Experience analyzing large datasets using tools like Hive or Presto
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Back to top