Postdoctoral Researcher, Computer Vision
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Visiting Researcher to join our team. Our group is committed to developing next generation products and platforms and doing research and engineering at scale. We are applying cutting-edge computer vision algorithms to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Facebook.We are seeking individuals who are recognized experts in identified research areas such as machine learning and computer vision. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Develop novel and accurate computer vision algorithms & systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from the level of prototyping to the level of production.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Machine Learning or similar
- Must be available to start employment on or before December 4, 2017
- Research and/or work experience in the fields of machine learning, deep learning and/or computer vision.
- Knowledge in C/C++, Java or other related language
- Experience with training deep neural networks, prototyping in scripting languages like MATLAB, python, math performance libs (e.g. IPP, MKL), CPU optimization methods (e.g. assembly SIMD instructions)
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US beginning in 2017
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top