Postdoctoral Researcher (AI)
(Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Paris, France – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join Facebook AI Research, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as deep learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, computer perception, natural language processing and data representation. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology to make computers more intelligent. Term length would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Graduating with a PhD in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- Publications in Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Coding experience in C++, Java or other related language
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2016
- Preferred: research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top