Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Perceptual Psychology (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative postdoctoral researchers with a passion for applied and fundamental research in fields related to virtual reality at our research location in Redmond WA. The focus of this role is on haptics and perceptual psychology with the primary responsibility being the design, setup, and running of user study experiments related to human perception. The position requires a combination of education and experience in experimental psychology research, and a background in engineering, math, or physics is also desired.
- Plan and execute cutting edge research to advance the state of the art in the perception of touch
- Develop new advanced technologies related to touch and perception
- Generate new psychophysical models and methods of analysis pertaining to haptics.
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run user study experiments related to human perception
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
- PhD in the field of Perceptual Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in research psychology
- Minimum of 2 years with designing, setting up, and running user studies
- Minimum of 2 years with statistical analysis of data
- Minimum of 2 years experience in psychology of human perception
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated publication record
- Experience with haptics
- Knowledge and experience with virtual reality research
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Interpersonal skills – cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top