Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Lifelong Machine Learning (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to achieve great strides in general scene perception at our research location in Redmond, WA. Within the Oculus Research Surreal Vision team, the aim of this role focuses on formulating a new generation of end-to-end real-time 3D scene understanding systems working across novel mobile sensor design, state estimation, computer vision and large scale online inference and optimization. The focus of this role lies on the intersection of Deep Learning and Machine Perception, exploring the limits of "Always On" Machine Learning techniques within the context of consumer electronic devices for new uses of Artificial Intelligence within newly conceptualized cognitive AR devices. This role enables close collaboration with the FAIR and AML research groups together with cutting edge device technology development in sensing and computational platforms at Oculus Research, is a fixed term postdoctoral contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer vision or machine learning and a strong background in optimization, modeling, analysis, and system building.
- Looking at the limit of always on ML within the context of consumer AR devices powered by AI
- Research across Machine Perception at the intersections of Deep Learning, reconstruction and state estimation
- Large scale distribution of consumer devices operating within a cloud to client computing infrastructure
- Analysis of computing data hierarchy from cloud to mobile device client
- Understanding size, weight, cost, power, and bandwidth constraints of future consumer devices
- Formulation of new ML and data analysis approaches that harness always on device technology
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning or related field
- Graduating with a PhD, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment, by late 2017
- 2+ years experience with statistical analysis of data and mathematical modeling
- 2+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry, and physics based simulation
- 3+ years experience in C++, Java or other related language such as Torch and TensorFlow
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- 2+ years experience with convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top