Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Computer Vision (Oculus)
(San Francisco, CA - Sausalito, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of this postdoctoral role is on full body capture and reconstruction. The position is a fixed term contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer vision, computer graphics, physics simulation or machine learning.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state of the art in virtual humans and digital double understanding.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to real-time markerless motion capture, dense 3D surface deformation and reconstruction, statistical deformation models, and physics based simulation.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, computer graphics, or machine learning
- 2+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry, and physics based simulation
- 2+ years experience with system building in C++, including evaluation design
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Experience with virtual reality research
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top