Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Computer Vision (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation hand and interaction tracking in our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on computer vision, machine learning and physically-based modeling with the primary responsibility being tracking and reconstruction of interactions between hands and objects. The position is a fixed term contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer science, robotics, computer engineering, or similar areas, and a strong background in modeling, analysis, and system building.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance hand and body tracking
- Develop new advanced technologies related to tracking deformable or articulated objects, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and appearance modeling
- Collaborate with other researchers, software and hardware engineers, and 3D artists to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, robotics or similar
- 3+ years experience with computer vision – specifically real-time tracking (e.g. of objects, hands, bodies, faces) or 3D reconstruction
- 2+ years experience with convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks
- 2+ years experience with system building in C++, including evaluation design
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Experience with virtual reality research
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top