Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Audio Signal Processing (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to push the state-of-the-art for VR audio in our research location in Redmond, WA. This role is focused on developing advanced audio techniques to solve hard unsolved problems in the area of acoustics, spatial audio, audio processing and signal processing. The position is a fixed-term (postdoctoral) contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in audio engineering and signal processing, acoustics, electrical engineering, computer science or similar, and a strong background in solving hard problems in audio.
- Develop next-generation VR and AR audio technology
- Develop novel algorithms, signal processing techniques, and measurement capabilities to solve hard research problems in acoustics, spatial audio and audio processing
- Collaborate with the larger Oculus Research team and provide creative leadership on computational display and imaging technologies
- Mentor MS/PhD interns and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Audio Engineering and Signal Processing, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Graduating with a PhD, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment, by spring 2017
- 5+ years experience with working on audio-focused simulations, algorithm development, and measurement prototyping
- 3+ years experience in mathematical optimization, including software libraries and implementation from first principles
- 3+ years experience in acoustic simulation and modeling techniques
- Demonstrated ability to construct audio-specific proof-of-concept systems performance evaluations
- 5+ years experience with scientific programming languages such as Matlab, C++, or similar
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Experience with FMOD, WASAPi, DirectX Audio
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications at JASA, Acta Acoustica united with Ac, AES journals, ICASSP, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top