Portal CoreOs - Embedded Systems Software Engineer
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. Facebook Portal team is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement platform software for Portal devices. This person will be an integral member of the team, responsible for embedded software design and optimization. This person will also be involved in developing a solid platform while working on variety of domains to enable new experiences for Portal family products.
PORTAL COREOS - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop and test kernel sub-systems and device drivers.
- Support end-to-end product development - including prototyping, board bring ups and manufacturing.
- Work closely with the System Engineering, Hardware, and QA teams in addition to our manufacturing partners.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the Software team.
- Participate in reviews of block diagrams and schematics with the Hardware team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in kernel development for consumer electronics product.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux kernel on ARM.
- Knowledge of Android Frameworks and Applications.
- Experience with WiFi subsystems.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top