Politics & Government Outreach Manager, Policy Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Policy Solutions Associate Manager to join our Politics & Government Policy team. The Politics and Government Policy team is an external-facing arm of Facebook that helps to manage the company's strategy on elections. They also work with the worldâ€™s governments and politicians on how to best use Facebook to connect with their constituents. This role is on our internal-facing team that makes the Facebook family of apps work for the Politics & Government Policy team and its partners by coordinating operations, products, outreach campaigns, and data insights.
This individual will serve as the voice of politicians and government organizations internally, working directly with Government Outreach Managers, Policy Managers, Database Managers, Product Managers, Engineers, and operations teams across the company to ensure results for the Politics & Government Policy Team.
This is a full-time position located in Sao Paulo with a focus on Latin America, reporting to a team based in New York City.
- Develop and execute strategy to improve the Facebook support experience for politicians and government organizations in Latin America
- Improve internal processes and streamline systems by identifying and solving problems
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional colleagues in Policy and teams across the company to prepare for key politics and government events, especially elections
- Plan and launch Civic Engagement products, like the Election Day Reminder, hand-in-hand with the product team
- Provide support to elected officials and campaigns by answering ongoing questions on use of Facebook, including at in-person training events
- Build and measure scaled support models, and execute outreach strategies across the region
- Run SQL queries, build dashboards, and analyze data related to account insights
- Anticipated international travel: Twice a quarter
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- 6+ years of experience in online operations, consulting, account management, partner management, or project management
- Passionate about politics and experienced working with politicians and government officials in Latin America
- Expert fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience planning, making decisions and leading projects including multiple teams
- Experience working independently and a track record of taking initiative to solve problems
- Experience analyzing data to tell a story and make recommendations
- 3+ years experience managing people and leading meetings
- 2+ years of experience in politics or government
- Intermediate fluency in Portuguese. Written fluency more important than verbal fluency.
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages a distinct advantage
Back to top